BACK TO HOMEPAGE
- PlayerData Limited(SC571960) (“PlayerData”, “we”, “our” and “us”) takes the issue of security and data protection seriously and adheres the Data Protection Act 2018, the GeneralData Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and any other applicable data protection laws.
- We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us, or we are provided with from a third party, in accordance this this policy.
- Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you through our website and technology, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others, and how we keep it secure.
- Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com
- It is important that you read this policy together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you were fully aware of how and why we are using your information. This policy supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU AND WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 1. We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- i. by us providing our analytics services to you and / or your associated club and, in doing so, you wearing our technology which transmits personal information about you to us;
- ii. from your sports club;
- iii. you may give us information about you via our website, or by corresponding with us by e-mail, telephone or in person. This includes information you provide when reporting a problem with our website or technology, or when you correspond with us for any purpose; and
- iv. by visiting our website we may automatically collect technical information which may form personal information.
- 2. We may collect the following personal information about you:
- i. personal contact details such as your name, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address;
- ii. data of birth;
- iii. gender;
- iv. health information (a special category of personal data under the GDPR) as provided by our technology including but not limited to heart rate, respiration rate and limb positional data;
- v. locational data using GPS and / or external satellite reference sensors; and
- vi. technical information including your IP address, browser type and clicks on our website from your use of our website (for further information see our section on cookies below).
3. WHY WE NEED THIS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- 1. We collect and process personal information held about you:
- i. if the processing is for our legitimate interests or those of a third party (see section below); and/or
- ii. if we have your explicit consent to do so.
- 2. We need your information and use the information we collect about you:
- i. to enable us to supply you, and your club, with the products and requested;
- ii. to be able to perform the contract to which we are party to with your club;
- iii. to help us with understanding more about how our website and technology is used and to improve the website and technology to ensure that content is presented and technology functions in the most effective manner;
- iv. to be able to respond to your query; and
- v. for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
- 3. To collect, process and transfer to your club your personal information relating to your health, we require your explicit consent. We will seek your consent to process this information before we collect and process it and will keep a record of this consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing personal data about your health at any time by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that if we do not have your consent to process your health data, our ability to provide our services to you may be limited.
- 4. We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it as detailed above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so, or we will seek your consent if required.
- 5. Unless you are notified otherwise, we will not use profiling, or automated decision making in any form, to make important decisions that will affect you.
- 2. Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
- 3. We use encrypted information gathered from Cookies to improve your online experience.
- 4. We use per session Cookies which are deleted when you leave our website. They help keep track of your progress so you don’t have to enter the same information more than once. More specifically we use the following Cookies which carry out the functions described:
- i. __utma – This is a Google Analytics cookie and tracks the number of times you have visited our website.
- ii. __utmb and __utmc – This is another Google Analytics cookie and acts to calculate how long you have spent on our website in each session.
- iii. __utmz – This Google Analytics cookie tracks what search engine you have visited the website from and which search terms you used to find our website.
- 5. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. If you chose to restrict or block any cookies, this will result in certain features of the website not being provided, including not being able to log in to the application, and accordingly you will not be able to take full advantage of the website’s features.
5. DATA SECURITY
- Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
6. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 1. The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential. We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including those parties which provided us with hosting, storage and email services.
- 2. We will transfer your personal data to your club and, as detailed above, we require your consent to transfer your health data.
7. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE UK AND EUROPE
- 1. We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary for the purposes detailed in this policy, namely to third parties as described above if they are based outside the EEA.
- 2. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented where required:
- i. We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission (Please click here for further information);
- ii. Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (Please click here for further information); and/or
- iii. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US (Please click here for further information).
8. HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- 1. We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information).
- 2. We will generally keep your information as long as is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
- 1. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- i. request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- ii. request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- iii. request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- iv. object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or a legitimate interest of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- v. request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- vi. withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data where we rely on your consent as our legal basis to do so; and
- vii. request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- 2. If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
- 3. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.